To begin your big data career, it is more a necessity than an option to have a Hadoop Certification from one of the popular Hadoop vendors like Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks. More often than not people opt to take up both - training and certification from either one of the online technology education portals, like Coursera, Udacity, and DeZyre. Quite a few Hadoop job openings mention specific Hadoop certifications like Cloudera or MapR or Hortonworks, IBM, etc. as a job requirement. However, having an appropriate Hadoop Certification as credential on a Hadoop developer resume, helps boost a candidate’s profile to the top of the “to interview” list. Considering the high cost of Hadoop certifications like Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks, choosing the best Hadoop certification is critically important to match with talent and requirements to the pool of available Hadoop certifications, whilst considering the quality of the certifications and demand in the market.
The Hadoop Certification is helpful but not 100% necessary for job seekers. Earning a Hadoop Certification is a great way to finesse your Hadoop skills and break into the field of big data. Having a credible Hadoop certification eases the process, to get an entry-level Hadoop job for gaining experience and advancing one’s big data career. Many professionals who are investing time to learn Hadoop, for making a transition to big data careers often have this question when pursuing a Hadoop certification – “Is Cloudera Hadoop Certification worth the investment?” This blog post addresses the incredible value that a Cloudera Hadoop Certification has, on a Hadoop Developer’s resume.
Hadoop Certification- A Valuable Asset on Hadoop Developer Resume
If you would like that extra boost when applying to Hadoop jobs, beware! Not all Hadoop certification programs are created equal. Some are incredibly expensive; others are little more than a test. What all Hadoop certifications have in common, is a promise of industry knowledge which is a demonstrable skill potential big data employers are looking for, when hiring Hadoop professionals.
Cloudera offers two popular big data certifications for professionals to prove their mastery with the big data tools and advanced analytic skills –
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) – One of the most popular performance based certification for data engineers and data scientists that evaluates a candidate’s analytical skills through two different certification exams –CCP Data Engineer and CCP Data Scientist.
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA)-This is the basic foundational big data skills certification program that evaluates a candidates hadoop and spark knowledge through two different certification exams- CCA Hadoop and Spark Developer and CCAH (Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop).
For the complete list of big data companies and their salaries- CLICK HERE
All you need to know about Cloudera Hadoop Certification
Cloudera's Hadoop Certification- Certified Associate Spark and Hadoop Developer tests a candidate’s knowledge on coding, maintaining and optimizing Hadoop projects. This Hadoop certification requires candidates to solve 10 or 12 problems in 120 minutes. There are no strict pre-requisites to taking up the Cloudera Hadoop Certification but candidates must know how to code in Python and Scala, must have the skills to transfer data between internal and external systems. They also need to know how to convert data values and use DDL for data analysis.
Is Cloudera Hadoop Certification worth the Time and Money?
“Is Cloudera Hadoop Certification worth $295?” is an easy question to answer. The answer is definitely a big YES , if your current or prospective employers require Cloudera Hadoop Certification as a measurement of your Hadoop skills, then you should consider updating your skills by taking up Cloudera’s Spark and Hadoop Developer Exam (CCA). Cloudera is a leading player in the world of big data and data science. Earning a Cloudera Hadoop certification will help you put your foot on the door of all kinds of organizations, leveraging big data for analytics right from big data start-ups to multi-national companies.
Benefits of Cloudera Hadoop Certification
- Cloudera Hadoop Certification focuses on the fundamental components in the Hadoop and spark ecosystem. The Hadoop certification exam does not ask specifics about Cloudera Hadoop distribution or any other Hadoop vendor. This certification is valuable as it demonstrates your Hadoop skills irrespective of the Hadoop distribution.
- For Hadoop jobs that list Cloudera Hadoop Certification as a requirement, having it on your resume will definitely help you promote your skills and validate your Hadoop expertise.
- Professionals with a Cloudera Hadoop certification get pay hikes and promotions up to 3 times that of their peers. If you want to add credibility and traction to your profile over your competitors, then Cloudera Hadoop Certification is all what you need.
Enrol now for a comprehensive hands-on Hadoop Training
If you would like more information about Big Data careers, please click the orange "Request Info" button on top of this page.
Just like many complex technologies, Hadoop can be a challenge to learn on its own. So, before you decide to pursue Cloudera Hadoop Certification, it is necessary that you enrol for a comprehensive hands-on Hadoop training under an industry expert’s guidance. DeZyre industry experts suggest that Cloudera Hadoop Training might not be worth the investment for candidates who want to be economical as it costs around $2995. Instead you can enrol for a comprehensive, hands-on, project based Hadoop training from one of the Edu-Tech portals and give the Cloudera Hadoop Certification exam to become a Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer.
Earning one of the top Hadoop Certifications from Cloudera may be all what is needed to launch your career as a Hadoop professional. With the practical, cost effective training at DeZyre, not only can you get started on learning Hadoop sooner than you thought, you may also have the potential to make more money as a Hadoop Developer by highlighting a Hadoop Certification on your resume. Take a look at the Hadoop Developer Salary Report – odds are; you will like what you see!