Data Scientist / Software Developer – Oil and Gas
Company Name: Tessella
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: 03rd May, 2017
- Combining domain knowledge and technical skills to understand the analytics challenges our clients are facing
- Working closely with customer subject matter experts (SMEs) to help identify and define their requirements
- Designing and developing custom software solutions or tools (e.g., visualization)
- Assessing completeness, consistency, and validity of customer data
- Creating models and simulations to better understand customer data
- Communicating with the customer so they understand the value of their data and can make better decisions
- B.S. (min GPA 3.5) or M.S. or PhD in science, engineering or math. We welcome candidates from such diverse academic disciplines as computational biology and chemistry, bioinformatics, engineering, physics, geophysics, neuroscience, and mathematics.
- An understanding of big/complex data and the ability to interpret large volumes of data in order to draw conclusions using a wide variety of statistical and machine learning techniques is preferred but not required.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: Java, R, Python, C, C#, C++. Prefer object-oriented programming expertise.
- The eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new science and technologies, and apply your skills to unsolved challenges.
- 1-5 years of work experience in the oil and gas industry, helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to customers and colleagues from all backgrounds