Senior Big Data Engineer
Company Name: ROBLOX
Location: San Mateo, CA
Date Posted: 11th May, 2016
- Next generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models.
- Personalization and Recommendation systems.
- Harvesting billions of events to gain operational and business insight into the performance and optimization of the Roblox platform.
- Building complex production-quality algorithms and data pipelines that mine large data sets.
- Work closely with product, engineering and business leads in generating dashboards, reports and summary data that feed into platform behaviour.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure collect and transform raw data across the Roblox stack.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 3+ years Java and working experience with a scripting language such as python or bash
- Experience with map/reduce frameworks such as hadoop and associated tools (hive, pig, sqoop, etc)
- Experience with noSQL, SQL, and columnar data stores
- Experience with statistical analysis and a data visualization package such as R, Mathematica, Stata, Tableau, etc
- Strong discipline around unit testing and documentation
- A passion for processing big data sets
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS and its associated products (EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, etc)
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Storm
- Experience with machine learning