Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Company Name: Elevate Recruiting Group
Location: CA - San Francisco
Date Posted: 11th May, 2016
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both offline and real-time) to support needs from different teams around the company.
- Manage the data infrastructure and do necessary capacity planning.
- May get involved in various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in additional to his/her current software engineering responsibilities
- We practice agile development methodologies with two week sprints.
- May require mentoring junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Continue to research and evaluate new technologies (such as Spark) that may improve performance and elegance of our data infrastructure.
Technologies currently in use:
- Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Presto, Spark
- AWS, Elastic MapReduce, Redshift, Kinesis, S3
- Kinesis, Kafka
- Python, Django (experience with Python/Django a big plus)
- Git, Github
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Data ETL pipelines
- Shown success as an individual contributor. Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver major initiatives from beginning to full deployment in a timely manner.
- Embrace good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products that meet business requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of well known software technologies and services and curiosity to continue to evaluate new technologies to strengthen our platform.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with cross-functional technical and business teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve time-critical problems
- Have contributed to the development of others through code reviews, tech talks, or personal coaching.
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.