Apache Spark Developer
Company Name: Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.)
Location: Baltimore, MD , USA
Date Posted: 12th May, 2018
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy.
- Develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. Uses a variety of platforms to provide automated systems applications to customers.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Determines specifications, then plans, designs, and develops the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes – either individually or in concert with a project team. Will assist in the most difficult support problems.
- Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse. Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art programming languages and object-oriented approach in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs.
- Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
- Viewed both internally and externally as a technical expert and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines. Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent.
- At least 8 years of experience in developing cloud based multi user application with expertise in designing, building, testing and implementing IT application.
- Must have a strong background in software engineering principles and techniques.
- Senior Developer with 5 years of hands on experience in Spark and Hadoop
- 10 years of overall IT experience
- Proven experience in building in Data Driven applications using a combination of Java/Scala and the Spark framework
- Hands on experience in Map Reduce
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions end to end leveraging various technologies to solve data problems and develop innovative big data solutions.
- Proven expertise w/leveraging big data components (not limited to...Hive, HBASE, Oozie, Kafka etc) to build large scale data processing systems.
- Expertise in two or more of the programming languages (Java, Spark, Python, R)
Nice To Have
- Related Certifications