Company Name: Starbucks Technology
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: 26th Nov, 2016
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with team members to recommend new software development technologies and development processes.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application microservice. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Performs unit and property-based testing on all application functionality, and supports integration and load testing activities
- Participates in systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Collaborates with project team to keep projects on schedule by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules, and costs.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. May perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
- Working with application development leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for development, testing and documentation.
- General understanding of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches
- Experience with Java, Object-Oriented Programming, and Scala is a plus
- General understanding of microservices development
- General understanding of Reactive application development tools and relevant technologies such as Akka, Spring Boot, CQRS, event sourcing, Kafka, Spark and/or Flink
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate resolution of issues