Big Data Chief Architect
Daugherty is seeking an innovative and creative consultant with the deepest technical skills in the Big Data space gained through hands-on experience with enterprise scale applications and systems. We are actively seeking a consultant with a passion for leveraging emerging technologies and next generation architectures to solve business problems. The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to teach, mentor, advise clients on their plans, and take charge of a hands-on delivery team, as well as the ability to support engagement of clients on potential business opportunities. This role will require deep hands-on technical skills in architecting, designing, developing and implementing large-scale Big Data solutions.
- Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python and R
- Strong understanding of data analytics and data visualization
- It would be beneficial to have experience with newer cloud based IM solutions and traditional EIM architectures.
- Ability to work with business groups to understand requirements, workflows and system trade-offs
- Ability to provide strategic and architectural direction to address unique business problems
- System design and modeling skills (e.g. domain driven design, data modeling, API design)
- Event-based / Reactive Architectures and Message Passing (e.g. message based patterns for orchestration and integration) knowledge
- Distributed Systems, Reliability, Concurrency expertise
- Modern persistence architectures (e.g. event-sourcing, scalability)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementations
- Experience in solution crafting and developing proposals to illustrate business value provided by technical solutions
- Excellent one-on-one communication and presentation skills, specifically able to convey technical information in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Previous professional consulting experience
- Technically focused degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, etc.