Big Data Developer Lead
Company Name: AmeriHealth Caritas
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Date Posted: 21st Mar, 2017
- Ensures Big data development adherence to principles and policies supporting the EDS
- Able to design data solutions based on varying degrees of detail. Must be flexible and agile to achieve the expected results.
- Design & Build consistent data solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Educate, leverage and enhance the Data Lake to support Advanced Analytics & Innovation.
- Translates business requirements into working features
- Architect, design, develop, unit test, and document technical solutions
- Mentors Big Data Developers on best practices and strategic development
- Provides solutions to current (tactical) problems with permanent (strategic) answers
- Carries out systematic problem identification, analysis, and resolution
- Develops and documents technical design specifications
- Leads technical meetings, as required
- Conveys ideas clearly and tailors communication based on selected audience (technical and non-technical)
- Effectively composes technical and non-technical documents such as design specifications, operation guides, process flows, and other technical schematics
- Writes and updates task/project status and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience in enterprise data and Big Data concepts and technology.
- 4+ years working with and coding in Apache Hadoop, preferably with Cloudera’s distribution
- Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Impala, Flume, Sqoop, Hadoop APi, HDFS)
- Basic Hadoop Administration experience
- Experience with NoSQL
- 3+ years in Health Care, Payer/Provider and/or Life Sciences
- 3+ years Java experience
- 6+ years working with relational databases (Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server)
- Proficient in ETL, ELT, SQL and/or other data integration tools and manipulation languages a must.
- Experienced in Shell scripting
- Experience in both the creation and benefits of Data Flow Diagrams, Business and Process Modeling.
- Hands-on experience with Linux considered a benefit.
- Knowledge of SAS (Enterprise Guide (EG), Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) and Visual Analytics) would be considered a bonus.
- Hands on experience with IBM DataStage, SSIS, SPARK, or Scala a plus
- Knowledge of Health Information Exchange (HIE), a plus
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), a plus
- Knowledge of HL7 standards and/or ADT Clinical data, a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective with inter-personal communication and works well in team atmosphere.