Big Data Developer - Scala / Spark
Company Name: CyberCoders
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Posted: 21st Sep, 2016
- You'll be working with the latest scripting & big data languages/technologies!
- Your day to day programming duties will play a huge role in our overall company success, your work will be helping keep enterprise companies around the globe secure!
- We've got a really cool office space in a great location - literally in the middle of tons of restaurants and shops.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, Develop and Maintain a big data platform using open source technologies such as Scala, Spark and ElasticSearch
- Translate business requirements, data models and algorithms into Scala code running on Spark clusters
- Develop automation for the setup and maintenance of the Big Data Platform
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of big data pipeline
- Bachelors degree in CS/EE
- Strong Background in Big Data Infrastructure, Engineering and Development
- Experience in Scala programming on a Distributed Apache Spark platform in a Linux environment
- Experience in deploying a distributed Spark clusted from scratch
- Elasticsearch or similar
- RDBMS such as Postgresql
- Python or Java
- Experience working in a software development team responsible for delivering a enterprise product