Big Data Developer
Company Name: Chase
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Date Posted: 22nd Oct, 2016
- Development (Coding) for Hadoop, Spark and Java
- Putting In right practices for SDLC including code reviews, pair programming etc.
- Implementing best practices/standards for development and production releases
- Working closely with plan teams and business aligned technology teams.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Being part of various POC efforts for new build and setting up clusters
- Working closely with operate teams, understanding JPMorgan DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
- Testing prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Facing business teams from time to time post releases and answering questions on data and release schedules
- Documenting requirement
- Writing Unit test cases and putting in regression suites.
- Business support
- 10-14 years experience in the field of Technology development and leading small teams
- 3 years of experience working on Big Data platforms
- Hands-on experience on Hadoop, Spark and Java
- Understanding of UI technologies including HTML5, AngularJs, ReactJS etc.
- Very good understanding of relational as well as columnar databases(Oracle/vertica)
- Understanding of reporting tools including Cognos/Qlikview/business objects
- Good understanding of financial concepts including Balance Sheets, P&L Statements and Ratios and financial products
- Good hold on scripting including Shell/Perl and Python.
- Good hold on MS office (power point, Excel, Word and Visio)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information and computer Science or equivalent an practical work experience