Big Data Developer
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk.
- Strong programming skills in a recognized object-oriented programming language. Examples include, but are not limited to Python, Java, Scala, C#, C++, and Haskell.
- Experience with open source Data technologies (Spark, HBase/Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Mesos, etc.)
- Familiarity in Unix/Linux development environments & tools including scripting & process management.
- Be able to determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications and business process.
- Extensive experience with development of the database stored procedures, packages, ETL, views and functions on Oracle DB.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- A team player who can collaborate with all stakeholders with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability or potential to multitask, prioritize and perform in a front-office environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with scalable, high-performance systems.
- Experience with distributed computing using map-reduce.
- Front office experience, preferably in a fixed income or derivatives trading environment.
- Experience in Test Driven Development & Agile methodologies