Big Data Developer
Company Name: JP Morgan Chase & Co
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Date Posted: 21st May, 2017
- Component Software Design & Development.
- Ensuring excellent practices are utilized in delivering Big Data Management and Integration Solutions.
- Ensuring design decisions can be actioned by the development team.
- Participating in agile development projects.
- Acting as a role model for all best practices, ensuring consistency across entire team.
- Mentoring technical development team on optimal utilization of Big Data solutions and Apache Open Source Software.
- Helping build a great team.
- Leveraging new and emerging practices for Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Engage in enterprise-level systems component design and implementation.
- Systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors.
- Integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions.
- Write and maintain reference architectures and systems design ‘best practices’ guidelines.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation.
- 5+ years experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment.
- Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical Bachelors
- Preparing test plans and performing system testing
- Experience with TDD utilizing test data, jUnit and Mockito
- Experience with JSON, XML, XSD and JAXB
- Experience with Change Management and Incident Management process
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, JIRA, HP AML, Control M or equivalent tools
- Ability to work independent as well as in a team environment
- Able to take the challenges of new technology and provide a production worthy output
- Working knowledge of at least a few of the common frameworks like Spring, Apache, Hibernate (or similar ORM tools), Jersey
- Be a self-starter and be able to reach out to various groups to get the requirements to completion
- 5+ years working with Open Source Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Mule ESB, Jersey or similar).
- Working experience with big data technologies such as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, MapReduce, Impala, Kafka etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.
- Experience with Linux shell scripts is nice to have
- Experience with Data Management is an added advantage