Big Data Engineer
-A major part of your responsibility will be to apply current skills and use up-to-date technologies to complete projects as part of the development cycle including:
•Coding for Big Data Solutions
•Testing for scaling release
•Test automation for Agility
•Debugging for Stability
•Reliability for Scaling
– As part of a team, you will participate in technical discussions for evaluating and executing design and development plans for products. You will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction. You will also be providing guidance and mentoring to junior engineers
– A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
– Experience in Big data software design and development – including, Spark, MapReduce, Java, scripting.
– Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
– Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet goals and high quality standards.
– Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to Data Management and Data Science.
– A strong understanding of basic to complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, programming practices and Data Sciences.
– Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices using Agile and Automation.
– Creative approach to problem solving.
– Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan.
– Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team.
You have previous Big Data experience using Cloudera Hadoop distribution to solve large-scale problems. A strong understanding of distributed systems and strong experience in using open source framework to build applications is required.
Excellent understanding and implementation experience of Hadoop Architecture, including technologies:
•Data Storage: HDFS, HBase, HIVE
•Data Processing, Analysis & Integration: Spark, Map Reduce, Impala, Sqoop
•Experience in Agile development methodology