Big Data Engineer
Company Name: Zaplabs
Location: Emeryville, CA, US
Date Posted: 29th Nov, 2017
- You’ll be responsible for designing and building high performance, scalable solutions for large volume data ingestion, clean-up, and processing that meet the needs of millions of agents, brokers, home buyers, and sellers.
- You’ll design, develop, and test robust, scalable microservices, Spark Streaming Applications, and RESTful web services.
- You’ll work with a variety of teams and individuals, including product engineers, to understand the MLS and other real estate related data pipeline needs and come up with innovative solutions.
- You’ll be a self-organized member of a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product managers and designers to help implement and execute new products and features.
Skills, accomplishments, & interests you should have:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 4+ years core Java experience: building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume data pipeline backend applications
- Current experience using Scala development
- Current experience developing microservices
- Current experience using Java development, SQL Database systems, and Apache products (Tomcat, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Current experience developing RESTful web services
- Current experience high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (Kafka, Akka, reactive)
- Current experience developing and deploying applications to public cloud (AWS)
- Experience with DevOps tools (GitHub, Jira) and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development)
- Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean code that is efficient and reusable
- Ability to build prototypes for new features that will delight our users and are consistent with business goals
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
- Ability to refactor early and often to continuously improve code quality
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit