Big Data Engineer
Company Name: RBC
Location: Toronto, ON
Date Posted: 15th Dec, 2017
- Utilizing the latest technologies available, designing and building data solutions to meet business needs.
- Be an active contributor to not only your individual team, but to the RBC development community.
- Constantly seek out better ways to do things, new tools, new technologies, new processes.
- Work on both transformational and BAU projects delivering new value while also maintaining existing processes.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile team responsible for end-to-end delivery of business needs.
- Utilize DevOps to automate everything.
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Kafka and other big data technologies
- Experience in coding with a variety of languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Java)
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience with scheduling tools (e.g. Air Flow)
- Experience designing/building applications on Hadoop environment
- Knowledge of cloud architectures
- Passion for large scale data solutions and desire to continually learn and stay on top of the latest technology trends
- University Degree (preferably graduate in computer science, finance, mathematics or physical sciences)
- Experience with data modeling and data management tools