Big Data - Hadoop Engineer
Company Name: Napster
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: 07th Mar, 2018
- Analyze business requirements to develop solution design.
- Review and assess business rules.
- Estimate development timelines and create schedules.
- Creating prototypes to validate and deliver a final solution.
- Code review, testing, and implementing solutions.
- Mentor and provide technical support to team members.
What You Bring to the Table:
- BS or MS degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or engineering field preferred.
- 2+ years of development experience in object-oriented design, development, and implementation using Java technologies.
- 2+ years of development experience in Hadoop - HDFS, Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, Map Reduce, Sqoop
- 2+ years of development experience in Java, Scala, Python, PERL, SQL, shell scripting.
- Experience in developing REST services is a plus.
- Experience in Cassandra and ElasticSearch, is a plus.
- Familiarity with test frameworks - ScalaTest, JUnit.
- Familiarity with source code control systems like Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
- Familiarity with build tools - Maven, Gradle.
- Must have experience in working in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Must have excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with both technical and business groups to develop robust solutions.
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation.