Big Data (Hadoop, SRE) Administrator
Company Name: Sizmek
Location: Redwood City, California
Date Posted: 20th May, 2018
- Expertise at maintaining the cluster, not developingt the cluster.
- This is a hands on role with leadership responsibilities on a large multi-tenant Analytics Hadoop Cluster
- Provide technical leadership and collaboration with engineering organization, develop key deliverables for Data Platform Strategy - Scalability, optimization, operations, availability, roadmap.
- Own the platform architecture and drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and future requirements
- Manage and mentor Hadoop engineers and administrators
- Tune performance and operational efficiency
- Formulate methods to enable consistent Data loading and optimize Data operations
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes to streamline operation of the data platform and for streamlining use case execution
- Meet performance and SLA requirements of the Hadoop clusters
- Prior experience with remote monitoring and event handling using Nagios
- Design metrics and monitor real-time performance of clusters
- Evaluate and recommend systems software and hardware for the enterprise system including capacity modeling
- 10+ years' experience as a technical lead with focus on open source and Petabyte range data implementations. 5+ years of experience as technical lead for a Hadoop/Big Data implementation
- Expertise with YARN, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Zookeeper, Hive, Hbase
- Experience in optimization, capacity planning & architecture of a large multi-tenant cluster
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java, Perl, Ruby, or Bash.
- Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space
- Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT (Puppet)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills