Big Data Software Developer
PowerAdvocate is seeking a dynamic individual to join a high performing software development team where you will use big data applications and emerging technologies for business intelligence solutions and product development. You will be a member of a self-organizing SCRUM team, which focuses on continuous improvement, pair programming and short, iterative development cycles, and produces 98%+ bug-free releases.
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Utilize emerging open source technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop 2.0, HBase
• Use Scala to implement machine learning algorithms
• Work on web development using Java, jQuery, ExtJS, Css, and HTML as well as Java development, an Oracle database, Spring, EJB, MVC, Hibernate, Solr and Single-Sign-On.
• Analyze and design applications
• Write software to solve problems for customers
• 3-5 years of experience in Java development, with fundamentals in design patterns, security and database mapping
• 1 – 3 years in big data technologies
• Extensive knowledge of distributed computing frameworks
• Experience and/or familiarity with machine learning algorithms
• Experience with J2EE and EJB required
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Works well in a team environment and with pair programming
• Open and willing to discuss obstacles, find creative solutions, and take initiative
• Ability to work in an SCRUM environment
• Strong communication skills
• BS in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
• 3 - 5 years of experience