Cesium Scala Developer
Company Name: New York City, NY
Location: TECHNOCRAFT SOLUTIONS
Date Posted: 08th Apr, 2016
- Cesium Scala Developer The Cesium organization is the firm-wide provider of product (financial securities), counterparty, & account reference data, which is critical to 500+ consuming applications spanning multiple lines of business (Global Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, etc) from the front office (trading apps, etc) to the back office.
- Cesium is looking to hire an application developer to work on its strategic software platform responsible for sourcing, processing, and distributing reference data.
- The platform is relatively new and we are looking to aggressively expand its functionality over the next several years. This person will work on a 35-40 person software development team located in downtown NYC that is responsible for building & maintaining our core tech platform leveraged by other teams within our org who are focused on building business applications.
- He/she will be responsible for requirements, design, implementation, testing, and support of various projects ranging from 1 to 3-5 people in size. The core technologies that will be used are Scala, RDF, REST, and DB2.
- Depending on the project, he/she may also work with Python, BigData , and various Apache libraries such as Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, Play, Spray, etx, and advanced Scala language features such as macros.
- Financial industry knowledge or experience is not required. The ideal candidate is a passionate developer who enjoys experimenting with new technologies and writing efficient, scalable, & re-usable code. This team operates like a tech company within a large financial institution.
- There is a strong possibility of a long-term position (e.g. via a possible contract extension or conversion to FTE) is the candidate is a good fit and funding allows for it.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- 4-year Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experience with Scala (strongly preferred) and/or Java
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and SPARQL is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus
- Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus
- Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus