Cloudera Hadoop Developer
Company Name: Adept Solutions
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Date Posted: 10th Dec, 2016
- Candidates who are authorized to work in the US without any company endorsements.
- Seeking a Cloudera Hadoop Developer// Architect.
- Candidates will assist with data architecture, migration, and development of new processes flows on the Cloudera stack.
- Candidates must have a strong background with the Netezza architecture.
- The candidate will be leading Analytics engagements for Life Sciences clients onsite in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Understanding and hands-on technical expertise of building extracts and services layers from Hadoop / Impala data ecosystem for third-party analytics solution integration
- Needed to help design a solution to enable other data scientists, enable the Cloudera platform, and help configure the platform.
- Someone who knows the Hadoop ecosystem and how R or SAS work hand in hand within the platform.
- Experience in one or more of the following - Python, Mathematica, Matlab, Octave, C++, Java
- Experience with Netezza architecture and migrations to Hadoop stack is a must
- Develop and deploy analytics with heterogeneous data environment
- Understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Proven data manipulation skills (SQL applied to Oracle and DB2 databases, scripting languages, Big Data related technologies)
- Strong ability to formulate business problems mathematically and strong problem-solving skills;
- Superior oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate technical issues to a non-tech audience;
- Critical thinking and intellectual curiosity
- Superior learning abilities
- The drive to deliver on commitments and an openness to new ideas
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment
- Experience with Hadoop Cloudera stack
- Experience with Netezza
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) / Clinical systems
- 4+ years of relevant technology development consulting or industry experience to include experience in Big data platforms, Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data from Cloudera Hadoop
- At least 4-year hands-on working experience with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Ambari, MapReduce.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining large-scale Cloud Data Service technologies and processes
- Experience developing with Java or Scala or Python
- AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), having managed services and applications in a large AWS cross-account environment.
- Columnar and MPP database - Redshift, or similar technologies
- Experience using scheduling tools preferably Autosys
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Experience working with commercial distributions of HDFS, preferably Cloudera
- Experience with Hadoop Cluster Administration