Catapult Consultants is looking for a Data Analyst to perform in-depth evaluation and analysis of potential fraud cases and requests for information using claims information and other sources of data. This person will also support the development of complex cases that involve high dollar amounts, sensitive issues, or that otherwise meet criteria for referral to law enforcement, recoupment of overpayment, and/or administrative action based on reactive and proactive data analysis.
• Master’s degree in any Statistical or Mathematical fields, or a closely related field such as Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering/Applications, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering/Management or foreign degree equivalent (May also include a combination of degrees equating to a U. S. Master’s degree).
• No work experience required. A demonstrated knowledge of health care and claims or a combination of education is preferred.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis, algorithm development, which may be gained during academic studies.
• Knowledge of or coursework in MS Excel, SAS, SQL and/or other applications to perform various types of data analysis.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication.