Company Name: Karsun Solutions LLC
Date Posted: 23rd Jun, 2017
- Serves as the technical and technology expert supporting the database architecture and guide the management and improvement of the database solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing data design models, database architecture and data repository design, in addition to creating and testing various database prototypes.
- Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work such as cloud migration, commercial RDBMS to open source.
- Assist project managers in setting schedules for new technology adoption and prepare technical roadmaps
- In coordination with stakeholder & developers, continuously monitors and analyze solution fitness, while looking for ways to refactor and continuously improve the services.
- Ensures strategies, standards, and architecture are consistent and well integrated across products.
- Develop technical prototypes in various technologies including on database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks
- Advise customers on technical tradeoff of different approaches
- Help application developers to adopt new platforms through documentation, training, and mentoring
- Differentiate and balance customer & engineering side cultures
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and architecture
- 10+ years of experience in developing, administering databases (RDBMS commercial and open source) in various operating system environments, such as Unix, Linux, Solaris and Microsoft Windows
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with the following:
- Hands on experience with clustering, replication and establishment of high availability architecture
- Hands on experience with performance management tools
- Working knowledge of storage, network management, distributed databases and processing
- Working knowledge of database warehouse systems, data transfer tools and techniques
- Practical knowledge of migration of large quantity of data (in Terabytes)
- Working experience of establishing and documenting data standards while working with systems and database administration staff to implement, coordinate and maintain enterprise wide data architecture
- 2+ years of experience in building big data technologies, particularly in open source technologies using Hadoop
- Deep understanding of industry trends for data architecture
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical details
- Ability to come up with a detailed architecture that includes infra, security, disaster recovery/BCP plan
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Architecture and implementation experience in a cloud environment
- Automated build and deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Relevant technical certification