Company Name: 6Point6
Date Posted: 14th Mar, 2018
- Responsibility for the strategy, design and development of data architecture solutions meeting both enterprise and project needs
- Advising the business on future data management technology options, outlining risks, costs, benefits, and capabilities
- Translating business requirements into long-term information/data architecture solutions (conceptual, logical and physical models)
- Leading and providing oversight into the development and maintenance of current and future state data and information strategies and architecture including data related policies
- Identifying architectural risks and propose risk mitigations and solutions. Retaining responsibility for the overall integrity of the data architecture
- Defining and maintaining best practice guidelines and standards for information and data architecture, metadata, data modelling, and data management
- Implementing and promoting information and data governance processes, establishing and ensuring a common language is in place supporting ongoing quality, accuracy, validity, and reuse of data
- Acting as the main point of contact for the escalation, review, and approval for data architecture issues
- Consulting and working with development teams to determine and execute design decisions
- Good overall knowledge of data technology and trendsGood knowledge of both open source and vendor data platforms
- Good understanding of data architecture, architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Experience with data modelling.
- Good data and system analysis skills.Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Experience of designing for both structured and unstructured data.
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design.
- Drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the data domain.
- Willingness to hold HMG Security clearances to SC minimum; or already hold SC
- Experience and knowledge of Hadoop, HBase and HDFS
- Knowledge of master data management platforms