Company Name: Amazon Corporate LLC
Location: US-NY-New York
Date Posted: 17th Sep, 2016
- You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history. Software engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it.
- You will be working with very large data sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer.
- Our team is within Retail Financial Intelligence Systems and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Retail businesses, supporting deep dive analysis, vendor negotiations and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. We also provide financial and operational reports to Amazon retail vendors worldwide
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence
- 3+ years in with Advanced SQL (analytical functions), ETL, DataWarehousing.
- Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. pivot table.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures, data modeling and performance tuning.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience on working with Big Data
- Knowledge and experience on working with Hive and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge of Spark