Data Engineering Manager
Company Name: NerdWallet
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: 26th Oct, 2016
- Hands on manager: Technical hands-on manager with a passion for building strong teams.
- Highly productive: Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who is passionate about data and developing solutions to generate data insights.
- Structured thinking: Ability to develop and leverage frameworks to enable scalable data management to hit short-term goals while keeping an eye on long-term solutions.
- Company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking prioritization expertise: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier university. BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Math a plus.
- 2+ years of experience managing and building teams.
- 7+ years of work experience with relational databases. Expertise in SQL.
- 5+ years of data warehousing experience. Experience with non-structured data a plus.
- 3+ years of work experience in big data technology space, with knowledge of HDFS, Hive/Spark and map reduce.
- Experience with ETL and BI tools. Well versed with Linux/Unix operating system. Experience with Shell scripting.
- Hands on scripting experience in languages such as Python or Java.