- Statistical Modeling: Develops statistical models and analyses to predict outcomes and offer potential solutions to complex business problems.
- Business Intelligence: Provides meaningful data/information to identify and address the root cause of business problems. Transforms and aggregates data to include rapid data discovery to predictive analytics based on a foundation of delivering relevant and timely information to the right people at the right place and time. Understands and develops optimal data architecture requirements given current and future business needs. Acts as liaison between database administrator and business analyst to drive optimal architecture that delivers the business requirements.
- Integration: Understands and manages reporting data to ensure that all systems are seamlessly linked to other systems and that the combinations of the systems provide increased reporting capability and functionality for the organization.
- Standard Practices: Establishes, maintains and supports common utilization of reporting systems to drive consistency and standardization across the department/function.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies opportunities for new reporting functionality to enhance key business metrics and processes related issues to improving capability and operational improvement. Focuses on reduction of recurring issues through detailed issue resolution, training and documentation. Ensures that reporting enables the department/function to meet or exceed performance guarantees, store requirements and provide adequate data for performance analysis.
- Project Management: Manages assignments with a discipline of planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals of assigned projects, initiatives or leading work streams within a larger project.
- Change Management: Coordinates with the business to incorporate solutions into day to day applications by effectively communicating and managing the change management plan.
- Security: Ensures reporting systems have adequate user security measures, role assignments and menu structure and effectively meet individual user and compliance requirements.
- Develops key relationships with BI Teams, Business Alignment Leaders, and business partners in operations.
- Provides on-call support as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires knowledge normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Computer Science or related field. Requires proficiency typically obtained with 5+ years analyzing data business data in a retail, manufacturing, or comparable environment. Knowledge of supply chain management operations required.
Requires strong knowledge of business operations with the ability to conceptualize, document, and communicate solutions to better align with business strategy and meet objectives. Requires strong analytical and problem solving (critical and evaluative thinking) skills to analyze complex data for trends and root cause and translate into actionable business recommendations. Requires ability to mine and merge large amounts of rich data sources, ensure data consistency, make data driven predictions to drive profitable courses of action, and create visualizations to aid in understanding data. Candidate must have strong leadership, influence and human relations skills to build effective relationships with team, leadership and business partners. Listens attentively and responds in a sensitive and appropriate manner, treating all with respect and dignity. Requires written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to all levels of leadership. Must be able to work in fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly. Requires ability to manage change.
- Strong understanding of statistics and statistical modeling
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- SQL and Oracle proficiency required
- Micro Strategy Developer Certification required
- Understands ETL process and tools
- Lean Six Sigma Certified preferred – Green Belt or Black Belt
- Manhattan TLMS, WMS, DPR, SAP experience preferred