Company Name: Engage Partners
Location: Manhattan, NY
Date Posted: 12th Apr, 2016
- Analyze, derive insight, and present findings on historical and point-in-time data to assist team in making data-driven investment decisions.
- Create sustainable tools to analyze & maintain data sets
- Use statistical / machine learning algorithms to analyze noisy and/or imperfect datasets
- Create analytics dashboards and ad-hoc research reports
- Maintain repository of datasets
- Closely collaborate with the technology group
- A Masters Degree or a PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or a related discipline
- Proven ability to work across asset classes. 3 or more years of experience working in a quantitative role in support of a front-office investment function. Fixed income experience is preferred.
- Experience working with vast amounts of complex data from numerous sources
- 3 or more years of experience with statistical programming languages (R / Python / SAS) and high-level object-oriented languages (Python / Java / C#). Strong SQL Skills.
- Fluency in Excel/VBA
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and big data architectures
- Experience in building mathematical and econometric models
- Experience in data visualization, presentation and building advanced data analytics dashboards, and ability to present findings clearly and compellingly verbally and in written form
- High energy and the flexibility to function in a dynamic environment where priorities are ever-changing
- Strong communication skills: successful interaction with colleagues from various departments will be required
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn
- Meticulous attention to detail