Company Name: AirMap
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Date Posted: 11th May, 2016
The Data Scientist works collaboratively with other members of the AirMap team to create valuable insights from AirMap’s dynamic, global, real-time geospatial database of airspace and flight information.
- You have current hands-on experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, SAS, HBASE, Cassandra, Excel or similar development platforms).
- You know how to use Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family (Poisson models, Survival models, Hierarchical models, Naïve-Bayesian estimators), Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, and Time-series models.
- You care about providing unique and actionable insights, identifying trends, and finding correlations, and measuring anomalies using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- You’re good with graphs or visualizations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies.
- You care about the integrity of the data we provide and the value of the data we receive. You know how to build valuable reporting tools with our data.
- You’re a doer – you lead by example and are excited by the opportunity to look at unique data.
- You have experience with programing languages and statistical packages such as Python, Matlab, R, C, C++, Java or Python
- You’re a good problem solver and a good communicator.