Data Scientist - Financial Services
Company Name: Harnham
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: 21st Apr, 2016
- You will be expected to research, develop and implement new methods of measuring and analyzing large and highly complicated data sets.
- Essentially you will work with a variety of cutting-edge innovative software tools and open sources to gather, cleanse and analyze complex financial data.
- A core segment of your remit will involve designing and building predictive models to solve the math in order to solve business problems, whilst engaging in data analysis at the highest level and communicating with major stakeholders internally.
- Essentially you will have an advanced degree, MA/MS or higher, in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline.
- You are exceptional at designing and building predictive models used to analyze real-time, rather than historic, complex financial data.
- At least two years of professional experience, after graduation, in the use of advanced statistical analysis/machine learning methods in data analysis within financial services and decision making is vitally important.
- You will be entirely fluent in Python or R and SQL.
- You must have proven knowledge of NoSQL data stores, MapReduce and Hadoop.
- Expertise in utilizing relational databases for data storage and analysis including data extraction is essential.