Data Scientist - Fraud and Security (South Bay)
The Fraud and Security Data Science Team keeps fraudsters and other bad actors out of the Uber marketplace. The adversarial problems we solve are among the toughest challenges a data scientist can encounter. Our opponents morph everyday, and we usedata at scale to uncover them in a digital cat-and-mouse game. Because of this, our team is a key partner in every Uber program, from China expansion to empowering uberPOOL to make cities more efficient. We work directly with product managers, engineers, financial analysts, and security investigators. As a member of our team, you’ll protect Uber’s riders and drivers by bringing state of the art technology to bear on the world’s richest dataset about how people move.
Skills we look for:
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative analysis role.
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field (an advanced degrees is a plus, but not necessary).
- Experience with data wrangling, modeling, and telling a story based on data.
- Experience with machine learning and common analysis tools: SQL, R, or Python.
- Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Attention to detail, leavened with the hustle to make things happen fast.
- Passion towards solving the toughest problems in computer science.