Data Scientist in Machine Learning
As Senior Developer / Data Scientist, you will be expected to work with data engineering, product management and business to explore unconventional ideas and develop tangible proofs of concept with the intent of productizing and scaling. You will work with the richest data sets available, addressing real-world problems. Your primary responsibility will be to implement breakthrough algorithms and to develop new approaches and technologies for deriving value from our customers’ data.
The role combines:
1) experience with machine learning
2) practical knowledge of working with scalable platforms for processing of huge data sets and
3) ability to understand the data, associated processes and business implications,
4) scaling from minimum viable product up to shippable production code,
5) building and maintaining innovative new products from the ground-up.
- You are a self-starter, goal-oriented, striving for perfection engineer with the ability to work with engineering and business counterparts.
- As an ideal candidate, you will demonstrate a proven track record in development of large-scale deep learning pipelines and combine it with curiosity for exploring of new use case and applications of machine learning to domains spanning processing of structured and unstructured data. Ideally, you bring breadth across all verticals (image, text, structured / time series data) with a depth in one of them.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in deep learning / machine learning / data science development projects with a focus on innovation. At least 3 years of hands-on experience in building machine learning-based products.
- Track record of developing novel learning algorithms and/or systems
- Proficiency in handling of multi-terabyte datasets in distributed Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Machine / Deep Learning software packages
- Ability to visualize data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way
- Strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP's customers