Company Name: Crowe Horwath
Location: Chicago, IL
Date Posted: 07th Dec, 2016
- Leverage large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights.
- Collaborate with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans.
- Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions.
- Develop and validate statistical forecasting models and tools.
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
- Advanced degree (Masters at a minimum) in a quantitative field in one or more of the following:
- Statistics (preferred)
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- [or similar academic pedigree]
- 4+ years experience in advanced analytics and machine learning model development and validation.
- 2+ years experience working in industry, leading analytic-based projects, and delivering results within scope, funding, and duration.
- 2+ years experience leading projects and interacting with non-technical users to explain modeling results and meaning.
- Forecasting (ARIMA, ARCH, GARCH)
- Anomaly Detection
- Dimension Reduction
- Clustering Techniques
- Hypothesis Testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert level programming skills in R
- Experience with a statistical package and various programming languages such as R, Python, Java, C++, SAS, Matlab, etc.
- Business Intelligence experience (Microsoft Power BI / Tableau)
- Experience writing SQL queries and linking to enable read/write to the database.
- The capacity for a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking