Company Name: ViaSat
Location: Quincy, MA
Date Posted: 17th Sep, 2016
- The Acceleration Research and Technology (ART) group of ViaSat, Inc (NASDAQ: VSAT) is developing products that will enable the Internet to be experienced as never before.
- The acceleration technology we are building will enable people to flip through web pages as quickly turning pages in a book.
- You will be working with large structured and unstructured data sets to develop and validate algorithms that learn how web pages are structured and evolve over time and will use these models to drive improvements in web page rendering.
- You will perform data modeling and predictive analysis as well as statistical analysis.
- MS or PhD candidate in a discipline requiring strong mathematics and statistical methods
- Strong software development skills
- Experience developing software in Java, python, C++ and other high level languages
- Solid background in machine learning, statistical analysis, software development, clustering algorithms
- Ability to travel up to 10 %
- Knowledge and experience with predictive modeling including: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Combinatorial Optimization, Stochastic Processes, Complex Analysis, Principal Component Analysis and Time Series Analysis.
- Experience with Matlab, R , or Weka
- Experience with using the Agile software development methodology to develop and deliver software so as to support a continuous integration/continuous deployment process
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Strong communication and presentation skills – you must be able to explain and present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner
- Experience developing distributed systems