In this role, you will get to collaborate with various business and tech teams to design, implement, and roll out models—from classification and clustering to NLP and predictive modeling—that directly impact our members and our business operations.
With the rest of the data team to support you (such as with data access & cleaning, and understanding business logic and metrics), your job is to work with the business to define appropriate problems, perform advanced analytics, prototype machine learning solutions and models, and then experiment, and ultimately roll out impact data products.
- 4+ years practical experience in industry as a data scientist or similar quantitative role.
- Track record of prototyping, developing, and deploying statistical and ML models.
- Strong SQL skills. Experience with production transactional and data warehouse databases. (We primarily use AWS Redshift.)
- Strong technical skills, especially in Python (numpy, scikit-learn, pandas etc), R, and *nix command line.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and data mining.
- Superior communication and data visualization skills. You can tell a compelling story with data.
- Experience working in an Agile environment