Company Name: Transmosis
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Posted: 04th Oct, 2016
- Define and drive standards for tracking to ensure data is appropriately identified, recorded, transformed and furnished for consumption.
- Identify, develop and implement new tools and technologies to make the data tracking process more efficient.
- Train and provide expert consultation to product management, engineering, analytics and other teams on tracking standards, tools and processes. Maintain documentation for self-service use.
- Evangelize importance of data tracking within the company: capturing the right data, at the right time, with the right data logging tool.
- Previous experience designing and driving data tracking for client- or server-side data is required.
- Understanding of and experience with web analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics, Webtrends or Coremetrics) a strong plus.
- SQL and at least one scripting language (Python or Perl) required. Other programming experience (esp. PHP, Hadoop, Pig, Hive) a plus.
- At least 4 years of work experience. At least 2-3 years of analytical experience in a business context, focused on web, mobile or product analytics. At least 2-3 years of experience managing projects.
- Proven ability to influence outcomes effectively without direct authority.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and skilled at adjusting communication style/vocabulary to your audience’s role/function and technical familiarity.
- Extremely detail-oriented and thorough, with a facility for structuring, boiling down and keeping track of large amounts of detail.