The Data Scientist, Outcomes Research for Medscape Education will determine plans for research and execute statistical analyses to demonstrate the value of Medscape Education programs to funders and the education enterprise. The ideal candidate has a high degree of technological, statistical, and analytical skills, and is collaborative, creative, and curious and has the ability to recognize and solve problems independently. The Data Scientist, Outcomes Research will utilize data captured from online surveys, electronic medical records, and data purchased from other suppliers to help determine educational needs and inform strategic planning, as well as measure the impact of our educational interventions on learners and patients. The position will work independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and must be able to execute, understand, and report the results, including summary statements and data visualization methods
- Bachelor's degree in qualitative/quantitative statistics, biostatistics, economics, sociology, public health, education, epidemiology or a relevant discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience; medical education, online or healthcare data experience preferred.
- A sophisticated knowledge of R programming language and other tools such as SPSS and SAS, as well as data visualization tools
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); Ability to learn/use cloud-based software systems (e.g. Workfront, End Note, Box, SharePoint, Sales Force)
- Demonstrated experience with basic bivariate and multivariate analyses, logistic regression analysis, chi square, p value), and specifically effect size calculations (Cramer’s V, Cohen’s d)
- Experience designing statistical analysis plans and methodological strategies for prospective and retrospective studies; candidates with extensive appropriate experience preferred
- Work experience and a sophisticated knowledge of techniques such as data merging, collapsing, manipulating to construct analytical files
- Work experience and a sophisticated knowledge of large cross-sectional and/or longitudinal data sources
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment, while taking into consideration stakeholders based across multiple time zones
- Ability to work independently and in group setting
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and high degree of initiative
- Exceptional focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Positive attitude/very high energy with a willingness to accept varied assignments