As a Data Scientist and Statistician at Spreemo, you will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented Data Scientists, Statisticians, Healthcare Economists/Epidemiologists, and Big Data Technology Experts. Together, you will create new and improved methods for assessing and predicting the quality of care delivered by healthcare providers and determining the impact that care quality has on overall patient outcomes and cost. In addition, you will develop related analytics tools for the payers, providers, and patients who use Spreemo’s platform to facilitate and coordinate delivery of care. You will have the opportunity to work with unique healthcare data-sets that cover all phases of care delivery (referral, diagnosis, therapy, and outcome/follow-up) from the perspective of all key stakeholders (patients, providers, payers).
Your responsibilities will include helping to further create, extend, and validate the predictive models that we use at Spreemo to power our analytics. You will be helping to ensure that our models are accurate and parsimonious. You will also help to characterize, interpret, and share the results we achieve in our healthcare research studies. Your responsibilities will also include helping to shape Spreemo’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities and helping to lead and mentor junior members of the analytics team.
- PhD or Master’s degree from elite institution in Math, Statistics, or related field
- 3+ year’s work experience as a Data Scientist or Statistician
- Extensive experience developing statistical models for classification and prediction, including model selection and regularization methods
- Experience designing scientific studies and quantitatively characterizing and sharing their results
- Extensive experience with R and/or Python
- Experience working with healthcare data