Company Name: Groupon
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Date Posted: 25th Nov, 2016
- Design, implement, and deploy scalable algorithms and models that use large amounts of data for deal targeting, optimizing deal selection and merchandizing and improving user experience.
- Analyze historical data and build forecasting systems to determine future business opportunities and metrics.
- Utilize advanced data mining and machine learning for personalizing the user experience, increasing user engagement and improving core business metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or related field, and one year of experience in data analysis, engineering or related field.
Work experience must have included:
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, modeling and personalization technology development.
- Research on data mining, web mining, or machine learning algorithms.
- Analyzing large quantities of data to identify key trends and patterns.
- Matlab, SAS, R, or similar analytical tool.
- Using SQL queries for data analysis on Teradata or similar parallel database.