Company Name: Stride Search
Location: CA - San Francisco
Date Posted: 05th Apr, 2016
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Improve our industry-leading home valuation model using millions of real-estate transactions and complementary datasets.
- Rapidly prototype features and predictive models.
- Build ML pipelines in production.
- Identify, research, and analyze new data sources to improve model accuracy.
- Become a domain expert in real-estate.
- Coordinate with product, engineering, and operations to understand impact and trade-offs of modeling improvements.
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- Commitment to rigorous analysis and production-quality code
- Passion for building solid data infrastructure
- A love of tackling complexity in real-world datasets such geo data and transaction data
- Experience in one of Python, R, Java, Scala, Julia; if R or Julia, candidate must be able to make algorithms scale
- Familiarity with basic classes of ML algorithms, concepts in feature extraction and selection
- Ability and desire to communicate your analysis with clarity and precision
- Resourcefulness and pragmatism
- Competition experience in data mining or machine learning
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences