Company Name: KPMG
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Date Posted: 31st Jan, 2017
- Work closely with clients in understanding key business issues. Gather and analyze requirements to develop impactful recommendations and solutions
- Utilize advanced analytical techniques to solve challenging business problems.
- Propose and develop results, models and rules engines using statistical, machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Linear Programming, etc.
- Work with large volumes of data (structured and unstructured). Investigate and perform deeper analysis to produce impactful algorithms to achieve targeted outcomes
- Perform quantitative analysis of data issues
- Come to work with an intrinsic desire to change your world
- Inspire a very smart and talented team to be better at what they already do and innovate in new areas
- Lead engagements and teams to successful outcomes with a focus on problem solving and execution
- Understand the business challenge, the data points associated with that scenario and be able to formulate solutions through the application of people, process, technology and data
- Be a thought leader in your area of expertise.
Skills & Qualifications:
- An insatiable curiosity to learn, an aptitude to figure it out and a hunger to make a difference
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and laterally – problem solve and innovate within a team environment
- High level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, ability to perform under pressure
- Post-Secondary education equivalent to a university degree in numerate or analytical disciplines such as Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering. (Candidates with the equivalent of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject including, but not limited to Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Operational Research, Economics, Statistics , AI, Computer Science or a related field etc. will be preferred.)
- A successful track record of leading large scale Data Driven engagements within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Proven data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills, as well as experience handling very large volumes of data
- Well versed with the Software Development Lifecycle, Product Management, Principles of Software Engineering or Data Mining Methodologies
- Extensive experience with standard statistical packages or Languages (R, Python, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting (Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages such as (Python, Java, C, C++, etc.)
- Prior exposure to tools like Alteryx, Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Pig, Informatica, ErWin, etc.), databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), solution Definition and Application, and methods (SDLC, PMLC)
- Experience with embedded OS for IoT is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Hololens is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word