Company Name: Northrop Grumman
Location: United States-Virginia-McLean
Date Posted: 01st Mar, 2017
- As a member of the technical staff, the Data Scientist will be integral to the leadership and development of Big Data solutions. The dynamic and small team environment is great for an independent and flexible self-starter with strong written and verbal skills.
- Work across functions and with multi-disciplinary teams, stakeholders and users to identify, understand and clearly define business strategy, objectives, processes, challenges and problems.
- Identify data needs and proper methods for data gathering, integration and preparation, data quality and data governance.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare, mine and analyze structured, semi-structured and unstructured data and identify patterns/trends and insight using basic and advanced statistical algorithms, modeling and visualization tools, programming languages and analytical techniques such as regression analysis and grouping methods.
- Design and develop new, scalable systems, tools, dashboards and visualizations to enable users to consume and understand data faster and more effectively.
- Deliver and communicate status and results to sponsors, customers, stakeholders and users at all levels of the organization through reports, presentations and other means.
- Collaborate with, mentor and coach other analystics profesionals to continuously build a broader and deeper data science and analytics capability.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years relevant analytics experience or 3+ years with a Master's degree.
- Proficiency in analytical modeling software/tools such as Stata, SPSS, SAS and statistical programming languages such as R or Python.
- Thorough understanding of database structures and query tools such as SQL, MS Access, MS Access Web Services and MS SQL Server.
- Proficiency in identifying, integrating and preparing disparate data sets of varying types (both structured and unstructured), sizes and structures.
- Strong analytical, quantitative reasoning, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Understanding of big data frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with predictive maintenance is desirable.
- Past experience with predictive modeling algorithms such as Support Vector Machines, Logistic Regression, PCA and Neural Networks.
- Past health experience is a plus.