Company Name: Lendified
Location: Vancouver - Downtown
Date Posted: 17th Mar, 2017
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models.
- Conducts advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithm.
- Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems.
- Leads discovery processes with Institute stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome.
- Works with and alongside business analysts by suggesting other products of interest to the client.
- Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
- Makes strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies.
- Works in iterative processes and validates findings.
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Validates analysis using scenario modeling.
- Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns
Access Management and Control
- Works to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place.
- Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case
Metrics and Performance
- Provides business metrics for the overall project to show improvements (contribution to the improvement should be monitored initially and over multiple iterations).
- Demonstrates the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models
- Leads the design and deployment of enhancements and fixes to systems as needed
- Ideally, Ph.D, or Master's Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- 3+ years of experience delivering innovative data science outcomes, and solving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches through a blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets, and able to communicate that passion to product managers and engineers.
- Keen desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
- Accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments: R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with BI tools: Tableau and Microstrategy.
- Comfortable with relational databases and Hadoop-based data mining frameworks.
- Familiar with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.