Company Name: Newsela
Location: New York, NYC
Date Posted: 29th Mar, 2017
- Analyze and model user engagement, conversion, and retention behavior of paid schools to help drive sales, marketing, customer success, and product strategy
- Analyze student reading and writing using multiple signals, including assessment and user interaction data.
- Collaborate with data managers and engineers to specify requirements for data infrastructure and storage.
- Communicate the context and value of data analysis to stakeholders so that it is accessible and actionable.
- Work with other product teams to instrument new features for data collection and analysis.
- Seek external validity between Newsela and real-world student literacy outcomes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Performed and applied publication-caliber research in a company setting.
- Has successfully implemented machine learning methods to solve real world problems.
- Has programming experience in business environments, preferably with tools such as SQL, Python
- Proven mastery of statistics, including familiarity with both frequentist and Bayesian methodology.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with abstract data science problems and producing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with experimental design and the scientific method.
- Strong communication skills.
- Has deep expertise in:
- Computational linguistics
- Natural language processing
- Database systems
- Data visualization