Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Application of analytical methods to business problems
- Develop an understanding of client’s business problem and business context. Participate in the definition of analytical problems that will address client’s business problems. Participate in the development of business case for solving a problem.
- Lead a work stream of a project or a small project of 1-2 FTEs on his/her own.
- Responsible for the execution of the end-to-end pipeline of an analytics project: problem definition; data gathering, cleaning and preparation; choosing the best fit methodology, modelling and analysis, validation and verification of models and analysis, visualization and storytelling of results, recommendation presentation, feedback gathering and analysis improvement, documentation and prompt reporting
- As necessary, interface with Product Development roles (Product Management, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Architect, Software Developer, Quality Assurance, and others) to support the deployment of model/tool into client application or operations.
- Collaborate with other team members in a highly team-work oriented setting.
- Operate consistently with established Analytics group technical, project management, and quality best practices.
Continuous growth and application of aviation domain knowledge, analytics expertise and professional conduct:
- Self-driven to continuously improve own and team’s level of expertise in the aviation domain, analytical methods and tools, and professional business conduct (e.g., communications, effective meeting management, stakeholder management, project management, etc.).
- Build on existing domain knowledge to gain better understanding of aviation business problems, user needs, and practical criteria to ensure that proposed solutions are practical and achieve business value.
- Continuously learn and develop analytical knowledge to stay with advancement in the industry.
- Contribute to team growth and development through the sharing of knowledge with colleagues, for example, by conducting learning activities driven by his/her own initiatives, staying in coordination with other team initiatives, conducting trip and conference report outs, etc.
Stakeholder management and business development:
- Perform client management duties and maintain client communications. Recognize, understand and address motivations of stakeholders.
- Identify additional opportunities on existing projects, bring to the attention of leadership team and support other group Business Development activities.
Ph.D. in Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or similar educational specialization, plus typically 1-2 years of relevant work experience; Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics or similar educational specialization, plus typically 3 years relevant work experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Domain knowledge in the aviation industry is preferred.
- Applied knowledge and/or proficiency with 3 or more of the following:
- Statistics, Forecasting, Time-series Analysis
- Data-mining, Machine-learning
- Mathematical Optimization
- Data Management
- Proficiency with big data analysis technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Other Analytics sub-disciplines and methodologies
- Ability to accomplish results through employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Often heads a centralized functional activity.
- Skilled in advising a unit regarding tasks, projects and operations. Actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedule or resolve complex problems.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives concerning operations, scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts.