Company Name: Capital One
Location: New York, NY
Date Posted: 15th Apr, 2016
- Using Hadoop and related tools (Pig, Hive, Impala) to manage the analysis of billions of customer transaction records.
- Writing software to clean and investigate large, messy data sets of numerical and textual data.
- Integrating with external data sources and APIs to discover interesting trends (NOAA Weather Data + Credit Card Transactions = Fascinating!).
- Creating machine learning models from development through testing and validation to our 30+ million customers in production.
- Designing rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders.
- Investigating the impact of new technologies on the future of mobile banking and the financial world of tomorrow.
- At least a Master's Degree OR a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- At least 1 year experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis.
- At least 1 year experience with machine learning.
- At least 1 year experience with relational databases.
- At least 1 year experience with SQL.
- 3+ years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis.
- 3+ years' experience with machine learning.
- 3+ years' experience with relational databases.
- 3+ years' experience with SQL.