Company Name: The Denver Post
Location: Denver, CO, US
Date Posted: 15th Jun, 2017
- Partner with the internal insights team to analyze clients business needs, select and execute statistical methods and/or business intelligence to achieve the clients objectives.
- Support and assist in the ETL of client, 1st , 2nd and 3rd party data including API’s
- Leverage statistical concepts such as life time value, time series, logistic and linear regression, decision trees, CHAID, discriminant analysis, factor analysis, clustering, and ANOVA.
- Provide advanced statistical methods to support clients in the design, analysis, implementation and evaluation of multi-touch attribution, media mix models, and multivariate testing.
- Develop and improve methods for measuring attribution and the efficacy of offline and online advertising.
- Enrich audience insights by converging 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data with consumer insights garnered from our proprietary consumer panel.
- Quantify our clients’ target and most valuable customers by appending demo/psychographics attributes, segment their database, and create look alike a modeling.
- Build and automate predictive models built on response, churn, propensity, & RFM models.
- Develop and design dashboards and other data visualizations.
- Bachelor Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent business experience in a professional service related to Marketing Analytics. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Marketing Analytics role
- Strong ability to lead, manage projects, and innovate new ways of addressing complex business problems
- Able to demonstrate advanced computer and analytical skills with particular knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Relational databases, SQL, & Excel for use in data collection, manipulation and analysis
- R and Python for mining, coding, integration, and statistical modeling
- Google Big Query/Cloud Dataproc, AWS, Spark, Hadoop for processing bid data
- Tableau for data visualization, or D3.js for visualization development
- Regression, Discriminant Analysis, ANOVA, Time Series, Factor Analysis, Clustering, Decision Trees, Conjoint
- Experience and strong understanding of Google Analytics, API’s, web tracking tags and cookies
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze and extract implications from data
- Has a natural curiosity and investigative mindset, including needing to know “the why”
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under tight deadlines with a knack for getting things done
- An aptitude for seeing the big picture and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit