Company Name: Petco
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: 17th Jun, 2017
- Develop and implement behavioral and predictive models that drive customer value and achieve strategic business objectives (machine learning, linear & logistic regression, clustering, statistical sampling, A/B testing, and text mining/sentiment analysis).
- Go beyond delivering insights and instead translate business questions into concrete solutions that can be effectively executed and operationalized to improve value.
- Utilize deep experience manipulating large volumes of information from a variety of disparate sources into clean data sets; proficient use of SQL/Hive and other data mining tools is required.
- Partner with the IT team to stay current on the latest trends in big data technologies. Contribute to new data tools and system integrations, and lead projects to continuously improve data quality, computing power, and query optimization.
- Create compelling data visualizations and develop new performance metrics to quantify the value of corporate initiatives and highlight trends in consumer behavior.
- Present findings to executive leadership by effectively translating complex data and methodologies into clear insights, opportunities, and tangible business actions.
- Display deep intellectual curiosity, creativity, and commitment to learning in order to solve critical business problems and push the boundary of our capabilities.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics preferred with 3+ years experience applying data mining techniques to real business problems
- Expertise in one or more of R, Python, SAS
- Experience building large data sets across disparate sources (SQL, Hive, Pig)
- Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing/databases (Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques
- Experience with retail industry, customer-level demographic and transactional data a must
- Experience with web API’s, clickstream and mobile app engagement/telemetry data a plus
- Proven ability to deploy new analytic and data manipulation techniques
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively about problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, required due to the nature and level of interaction with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines