Company Name: Dataminr, Inc.
Location: New York, NYC
Date Posted: 22nd Jun, 2017
- A dedicated data scientist who wants nothing more than to help us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space.
- You will build machine learning models to transform social media feeds into actionable items.
- You will also work with engineers, product managers and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data science skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Machine Learning
- A minimum two years work experience in machine learning and natural language processing
- Extensive programming experience in Java, Scala or Python, ability to work on projects with minimal engineering support
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce and machine learning frameworks
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative results in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team