Company Name: Stratford Solutions
Location: New York, NYC
Date Posted: 04th Jul, 2017
- Leads and contributes to data analysis and modeling projects from project or prototype design, review business needs deriving requirements and/or deliverables from internal or external clients, reception and processing of data, performing analyses and modeling to final reports or presentations, communication of results and implementation support.
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for the product with development
- Work with development to implement architected solutions
- Utilizes advanced statistical techniques to create high performing predictive models and creative analyses to address business objectives and client needs. Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions.
- Provides high quality ongoing customer support; answering questions, resolving problems and building solutions.
- Follows industry trends in related data analytics processes and businesses. Functions as the analytics expert in meetings with other internal areas and external vendors. Actively participates in proof of concept tests of new data, software and technologies. Shares knowledge within Products group.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects.
- Travels to events and vendor meetings as needed (< 10%)
- Provide technical input to the product and technology roadmaps
- Ph.D or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical area preferred OR Advanced degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics, quantitative psychology, or operations research and 3 years of relevant industry experience or more
- Hands-on experience with major big data platforms and languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Scala, Google BigQuery, RedShift, Kinetica, in addition to traditional databases like MySQL, Postgres, or MSSQL
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages like Java, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or R.
- Extensive experience with ETL processes.
- Strong expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, survival analysis, GLM, tree models (Random Forests and GBM), cluster analysis, principal components, feature creation, and validation. Strong expertise in regularization techniques (Ridge, Lasso, elastic nets), variable selection techniques, feature creation (transformation, binning, high level categorical reduction, etc.) and validation (hold-outs, CV, bootstrap).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and occasional urgent matters while managing time efficiently and communicating to business and other stakeholders accordingly.
- Demonstrated track record in architecting and implementing data solutions for any industry (Marketing, eCommerce or Retail/Fashion industry would be a plus)
- A team player that furthers client’s culture and values
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Optional but preferred - Experience with Elastic Search and/or Solr/SolrCloud