Company Name: Walmart
Location: San Bruno,CA
Date Posted: 23rd Apr, 2018
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences and business objectives
- Collaborate with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leader
- PhD in statistics or machine learning or Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with 3+ years of experience
- Experience in areas such as data-driven statistical modeling, discriminative methods, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning.
- Proficient in R/ Python and SQL. Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Inquisitiveness and desire to learn.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritize competing objectives.
- Forecasting experience in an online and/or retail environment is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment